Thursday, November 12, 2009

:: Pronounced Hi-Ni

I did get that bike. She's a beaut. I also got H1N1. Or so the doc figures. My partner got it bad so I went to get checked up as I was not feeling right. I'm on Tamiflu right now since I caught it early and I think it works because things haven't been that bad. I'm hoping to only miss one day of work as I am mostly just very exhausted. 100% percent of me is fighting this thing and it's just wearing me out. I started on cold fx and vitamin C early too when my partner started feeling bad. I'm sleeping a lot and going on a no booze streak the like of which I haven't done since... jeez. a long time.

I think when I'm better I'm going to go to the bar and have 1 bottle of everything. Or 1 pint of everything. They have less on tap than in bottles but pints are bigger. I think I'll have to do one one day and the other another. Not back to back though, that wouldn't be fun at all. The bartenders think it's funny how I drink all over the map, I'm sure it would be a fun night to do that... maybe on a cfl playoff day. mmmm.... now I can't wait to get better.

A name. I like how red is named so practical and fitting. This ones black and blue... 'Bruiser'? Or 'Wifey'? Ouch that's mean. heh. But this bike's no bruiser. Red is. So 'Nightcap' perhaps? I like single syllables better, I guess 2 isn't too bad. Part of me thinks I won't know until I spend more time with her. 'Jet' isn't bad either. Jet black, she's small and deadly, fast, precise. 'Jet' is winning right now. Makes me think of the Thursday song which makes me think of riding to Continental mirror and glass.

Ten seconds left until midnight.
How can we take this chance not to celebrate life?

Her name's Jet.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Jet is pretty.

adk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
adk said...

Thank you. She's a demon in the sack too. (road, not bed... she's a bike. I ride her like I love her anyway. everybike deserves it. They all want a challenge.) Fucking ride girl ride.