Saturday, November 7, 2009

:: Life's a Ride


It all begins again.

I am bald. I am mean looking. I am a worker bee. I will do what I have to do. I look strong so will I be strong. And no one will know how strong. I'll keep you all safe from me. Next time you see me you will be happy. I'll still be alive.

Though..... I may be retarded and buy myself a new bike for my birthday (excuse). Yeah, it's the beginning of winter. Yeah, I already have two bikes. But she's a beautiful beast. A star crossed killer. A splash of ink and sky, nimble and stealthy. Made by MEC. *swooooooon* If I go back to look at her more than once more she will be mine..... Midnight sky

oh yes, she will be mine.


Ohhhhhh Dreeeeaaaaammm Weeeeeaaaver. I believe you can get me through the niiiiiighhhhhht!


Shes just what I've wanted for years. I could ride moto in and strap her onto my back to get her home. Or walk all the way there, to enjoy riding her back home. The first would be like carrying the bride to the room and bed, the second like walking 500 miles to fall down at her door.

She would be my clear weather woman. Red bike would get an overhaul and I would work with her to prepare for the coming cold. A red tank to plow through all weather conditions. Steady and powerful. Faithful and strong. My flag of defiance. My proof and reminder of life.

Midnightsky would be my jet. A rocket to fly on. A wisp on my shoulder. The fleeting dream of what I could do. I will do. Of records broken. Of setting records to beat. A new girl to dance with and see if she's got the spokes to keep up. A new chance to see if I've got the engine to make metal fly. The shooting arrow to back Red's battle axe.

It's always been a matter of time. Like a moto. I knew when I was little (I was never little) I would ride it. It may not last forever but I have the chance to soar now. I will take it.

The time I feel begins with coffee and ends on Friday. I get there on two legs, two lungs, and two wheels.

No comments: