Saturday, August 2, 2008

Ride Ride Ride

Check out the odo. 1000k and I haven't died yet. I hit this just the other night after seeing Hellboy 2. And then I took her to the mountains to start off the long weekend.

I'm not going to say much. Just let the pictures speak for themselves.




heh, oh yeah. So very fun. This was longest single ride yet and I learned a lot. Probably the main thing is when riding across Canada's highest elevation paved highway (7239ft) it will be colder than all other roads. Don't just wear an undershirt under your coat. When I got hungry I stopped at a provincial park... locheed? or something and had a sandwich, some chili and bought a sweater. It was an expensive souvenir and a cheap lesson. Also I need to get some real ear plugs but wet napkins work well enough and make the ride fun instead of painful.

I had a ball.

Notable points: Passing with this bike is so nice. You just twist your wrist and you're past anyone. Gas-wise, my bikes fuel consumption went from 6.0l/100k to 5.7l/100k on this ride alone. I hope to get it down to 5l/100k soon enough. It was so bad because of my inexperience and because I was riding the bike hard during it's early break in period at low speeds. I feel great riding it too. Last weekend I took the safety training course and killed it. Passed the final test, flawless. Helped some other people learn. It was almost a complete waste of money except for a very large increase in confidence and a small drop of insurance. Also I had a fun time and met a whole bunch of people who were awesome and so stoked to be learning to ride. I was like a rockstar having my own bike and license.

Also today I hit 180km/hr today :]. At 200 I will be satisfied.

Still the long weekend folks. This happy wave may be cresting soon. But I'll ride it till I bail.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those pics are sik.

adk said...

Thanks, bro. It only tells a small part of it. It was good.