Tuesday, January 1, 2008

:: Day One

Hello folks. Welcome again to newday. To firstday. To the beginning of a new calender year... From now the year begins (or ends) on dec 21. The equinox. I'm calling it right now. It makes way more sense to have the year start and end in accordance with the rise and fall of the sun. So now I get to have two parties a year and I don't even give a care whether anyone parties with me or not. But if even one person does then that's two people who understand how a day ends and two is just enough.

As only my dyslexia can allow let me begin at the end.
My whole trip home was spent under these clouds. Ontario doesn't have a sun. Seven days gone and the first time I see sun is when the clouds suddenly stop 30 minutes from Calgary.
This is ON airport. All the planes got icy so they sprayed pink on the ice to make it go away and then they spray green to fool the snow into thinking it's summer grass so it doesn't land on the wings again. The green flies off once the plane takes off but by then the snow is too late. We escape unharmed.
This is all I'm showing for xday. More pics can be found in a few days via Lori (the one in purple) or probably even Dave (the one who has to deal with her). hehe jk mom. You guys both put on a wonderful xday. Thank you both.

In a few short words:
I left for home the Thursday b.x. and start stuck in regina (when they give me lighter back I'll capitalize their city). Brother Ben picked me up at the airport once finally in at about 3am and a quick hour later we're home at Em Pok Nor alseep in warm beds. Friday I meet Shyrete and grab Elwhy. We go Outback for dinner and gorge. Saturday I join a Rexdalian Rock Band and play games, eat, and chillout in DuffDungeon until 6am. The Next day (2hrs) I'm raced to catch a bus to catch a train to catch up with Kim. We shop in the biggest mall in the biggest city in T.O. and eat veggie burgers. I barely catch the next train to make it back to the ville. Where it's family for three days. Wednesday I meet up with E and we drink, talk and go party all night.

Then it was home Thursday for a rest. Short lived when it turns out Friday is, like, the day after Thursday. So I go to 22 and have a great time. Close it down and we all go out.
Katie is making her eyes big but even if she didn't she still has big eyes. They're very pretty. My eyes are prettier but the rest of my face makes up for it and I come away as "charming". I want to get to "dashing" but it's going to take a lot of work and maybe a tan.
Katie turns to appreciate the unmistakable heartfelt laugh of Bre-Ann, best bartender in Calgary and an even better person. Emily laughs along, a good friend of B's and a new one of mine. Jared can't keep his eyes open but that's cool 'cause it's impressive he can even stand at this point.

We have a fun night and another fun evening on Sunday. New years was chate. But I drank a delicious champagne Jan 1. Thanks Bebop.

History is boring. I want to do more in the moment. We'll see.

Everyday ends
And so ends another year
I will win this one

No comments: