Sunday, October 31, 2010

:: Taking Stock

Well, making stock anyway. I bought a whole chicken dinner from a place right beside where I live that has a different special everyday of the week. Friday's the only day that always has the same meal and it's a roasted local farm bred chicken and mashed potatoes with gravy. Really good and I had two large dinners from it and still have some breast meat left over for a good caesar salad. So instead of throwing the carcass away I'm making a bunch of stock that has my apartment smelling like heaven. Of course I'm assuming heaven smells like comfort food. Onions, carrots, celery, bay leaves and salt and pepper and a few hours and I can't wait to use this stock for soup or to make a bunch or rice with. One more hour and it should be ready. I'd take pictures but my camera has finally died. I'll get a replacement or fix it soon but either way I can't take a picture of how this stuff smells so you'll have to trust me.

It smells incredible.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I can smell it too!
I think you should have been a chef.

adk said...

I made some really good rice with it then the next day had a sweet ass huge chicken noodle soup.

Tri-coloured spiral noodles.

(orange, yellow, green)