Monday, October 18, 2010

:: Dinner & a Move

Happy thanksgiving.
A little late but that doesn't make it any less delicious. I had dinner at a co-workers place with him, his girlfriend, and his brother. It was their first time making a big dinner or large bird like this and it turned out super good. I ate twice as much as anyone there and left with some leftovers and a full ziplock bag of extra turkey. I had turkey everything all week.

That was dinner, here's the move.
Here's a few pics of my new place. I've been bringing stuff back and forth every weekend from my old place and it's been exhausting.
Moving is always tiring though. It sucked having to pay rent for 2 apartments for a month but having the extra time has saved me a lot of trouble I really didn't have time or energy for.

My new place is a bachelor suite on the second of a 2 level, 16 unit apartment building. I like it and it just fits all of my stuff. A lot of my stuff is going to stay in boxes.
As you can see to the left of my bed. I also am using the moving boxes as shelves by turing them on their side and stacking them. Obviously I'm not living in luxury anymore.

Which is good. I don't need to. I have everything I need to work, ride, and relax while I get myself out of the hole I've been digging for a year or two. I'm excited about it.

This summer I've changed some major parts of my life in Calgary. It started with fewer bar trips. I even went a month without going to a bar. The drinking hasn't been a problem, I'm a very good drinker, it's all about money. I did some looking and I have debt because of rent and bars. Besides the bars I was lucky as heck to have found a place to move that was cheaper than where I was close enough to work and amenities.

For the last 4 years I have lived within 1 km of my first apartment here. Heritage and Macleod area. This new place is right in Marda Loop. A very trendy yuppie part of town that's more or less due West of my shop where I was straight South before. The ride is only 1.5km more and the rents way cheaper. The ride is a lot different though as it's almost completely downhill to work now. So in the mornings I get a break but after work I have to go like crazy to get home. I kinda like it that way. There's a hill that rivals eighth line hill that's getting me to push hard again.

Otherwise I'm tired and recently reformatted my computer completely so I don't have any other pics. So I'm done for now.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Looks delicious. And cute place. (Bigger than mine. And I like the black-and-white floor)
Glad you're doing well.