Sunday, May 18, 2008

:: Project

One day a few weeks ago I started working out how to get more counter space and how to have it so I can prepare dinner and watch sports at the same time.
This is the opening from my kitchen into my living room. This was also my first design of how I can simply attach a board to the ledge without it being permanent. This idea was tried and didn't work due to the hooks not being strong enough to hold the counter top. I ended up using quite a large and heavy counter.
So I had to hold the center of gravity of the counter better. The only way to do this efficiently (self weight and cost) was to use wires and hooks.
Also a better system for keeping the board level was required for my second try. Friggin' broccoli kept falling off before.So I made it.And it suits my needs. Fruition. These grappling hook like coat hangers worked perfectly.Probably the only problem is the lack of a top corner of wood to cap the counter, causing the wire to 'ride' the sill edge unprotected.
It causes damage. Tim actually gave me the idea of using some sort of metal 'L' bar to cap the edge. This is a great idea as we use this at work a lot and to get a little for us will be easy and solve the problem, quick-snap. Also it will chrome up the kitchen a little.
I still have to get the metal but here's the almost end result. It does what I want and can be removed easily for added kitchen space or left for added counter space.
Set sky interlude.
Went for a ride yesterday. A little hot for my liking but this shady section was wicked. And the bugs aren't quite alive yet. Next week they should suck.
Ooo. Secret pool. Secret view of known pool, anyway. Because someone made that dock and there is a path leading to it.
Find the deer.
I see you too, deer.

No comments: