Sunday, February 17, 2008

:: I'm That Guy

Today I walked into the Swiss Chalet near my place to get some fries and chalet sauce. I had just gone on a little ride to stretch the legs and in order to cancel out the ride I figured a poutine would help keep my model figure.

But here's what I'm getting at. The Swiss Chalet girl recognized me. And knew just what I was going to order. I have only gone there twice in the last month-ish. A few weeks ago the ladies at the butcher near me pointed out that I always buy the same thing and as soon as I went in showed me that they had moved the smokies to another fridge as the usual one was out of order. The young one has very pretty eyes.

My Starbuck's knows me as well as a Quiznos which includes the owners and a few part timers who always get to see me hungover on Saturdays. They know no onions, no mushrooms. When I go into Peanuts Pub just down the road I don't even get the chance to order. As soon as the waitress sees me she puts in an order for a medium rare steak sandwich and 2 Guinness. If I don't stop her I get the third without ordering as well, but she asks about the fourth. The grocery store and liquor store know me as well.

So why is it? Of course I do stick to a very close routine of daily events and I am 6'6" with long blond hair and wear coloured bandanas and large head phones. But how do they pick it up so fast? It's is kinda nice. I'm like Norm. Though getting different things confuses some. Oh well. I guess I'm just that guy.

Everyday ends
I know what tomorrow brings
Through work and routine

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I had a regular. She packed her bags as she shopped because we didn't need to see what she was getting. 4 broccoli, 3 cauliflower. Every time. Every day.

You may be that guy, but you're far better than regular.