Sunday, February 24, 2008

:: Books & Breaks

Stuff and things. My brother recently sent me some books (xday presents) about Winnie the Pooh, or Taoism, depending on how you look at it. It was a nice book to read and took me just one lazy Sunday to complete. I realized very early into the book I agree with most of what the author is describing and that I fit many taoist ways, some examples he gave I have almost word for word used myself before... I mostly lack in thinking positively about being this way as I think aggression and muscle are easier to understand and work faster. Oh well. I'm not violent. But I wish I was.

Now moving on to violence. Out of nowhere the right side of the door frame leading into my bathroom decides it doesn't like me and jumps right in front of my 2nd toe (counting from left to right) and breaks it. I must say it surprised me after having lived together for so long without a problem between us. It made me very mad and feel very clumsy. I can't confirm that is is broken but it hurt a real lot and was bent on an angle it wasn't on before. This morning it was nice and fat and bruised around it. So walking now sucks. Biking is still fine and I'll only make the mistake of leaning to the left when I stop once.

Everyday ends
Take a break and read a book
Just not like I did

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I spent an afternoon carefully reading that book, delicately only half-opening the pages so that it was as new when you received it.