Thursday, November 4, 2010

:: Folky & Roots-y

And slightly whimsical. (I laughed at that)

I've been out walking I don't do too much talking these days, these days.

These days I wear a winter coat, toque, goggles, and mitts on my ride in to work. On my way home in my tee I wonder why I wore pants and an undershirt while I carry a backpack loaded with garments.

These days I sit at home not watching TV drinking Lucky beer thinking how lucky I am to hear such tunes and not see such commercials. The good beer is for the weekend now. This will not be my first Lucky year and it doesn't bother one bit.

I've stopped my dreaming, I won't do too much scheming these days, these days.

These days I focus on work all week. Sure I have time to myself and use that time for video games and old movies, wicked kick-ass food and cjsw, but.... but nothing. It's awesome. I spend every night during the week alone not talking to anyone. I go all-week every evening in silence. shhhh...

These days I physically wrestle with myself to keep from going to the bars on the weekend. I have a goal and as per a friends advice via blog I have made a way of tracking my goal and a plan and reason for my small and big goals. This heart will not stop 'till zero twenty seven. zero27. 27nothing.

Oh, these days...

Please don't confront me with my failures, I have not forgotten them.

2 comments:

Will K. said...

hey slugger

miss your steeze

are you stashin' it up for movember?

one love

adk said...

I am not growin'. I thought about it. I look silly enough without a stash and this is a month of hard knocks.

I breathe and bleed november. I'm Mr November. I won't fuck us over, I won't fuck us over I'm Mr. November. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.

I'm Mr. November.